Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

With the celebration of the Resurrection comes the celebration of spring.

Here, on the newly green grass, is the first finished project of spring, the Tidal Wave Socks:

photo(153)

They are quite springy looking.  I tried a picture using them as leaves in a tree, but the pattern didn’t show up well enough.  The pattern is the Tidal Waves Socks, available through Ravelry.  The yarn is Fleece Artist that I bought several years ago.

I have moved on to another UFO.  This time, I found some really nice Claudia Handpainted yarn that I had begun twice.  I had two partially finished first socks in different patterns.  Looking at them, I didn’t like either pattern.  The yarn and the patterns fought and neither showed to advantage.  I frogged both just before lunch today, and I’m beginning again.

My hubby is having some surgery tomorrow—basal cell skin cancer.  It’s not really serious, but it will involve time because they will be testing between steps to see what else they need to do.  I decided I definitely need knitting for the waiting.  Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. 

1 comment:

Deborah Hamilton said...

Happy Easter to you, too! Your socks and your grass are both very pretty. I'll be praying for your hubby. It's a good thing to have something to knit at the hospital. Take care.